Monday, April 25, 2011

U is for Deborah Underwood

Born:  May 3rd 
 
Excellent BooksThe Quiet Book and over a dozen others.  Many have won awards.

From Her Life:  When Deborah was young she had a teddy bear named Ursa Major.  She has been a street musician and worked for accountants.  She also once adopted a pig named Babe.

Advice for Aspiring Writers:   Get support!  In an interview with Our Hen House she said, "I advise everyone interested in writing for kids to join the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, a great organization that provides lots of good resources."

3 comments:

Laura S. said...

I'm always hearing that writers for young people should join the SCBWI. I should look into that!

Deborah Underwood said...

Hi Carla. Thanks for the mention! I can clear up one mystery: my birthday's May 3.

And Laura, I highly recommend SCBWI--great source of information, and I found most of my critique friends through SCBWI connections.

Cheers,
Deborah

Carla said...

Laura, I've known a lot of published authors who recommend that! I know they have a large, active chapter in Houston. ;)

Deborah, I'm so glad you stopped by! I love your picture books. Happy Birthday next week!

Carla

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my day brighter!