Saturday, April 23, 2011

T is for Tomie dePaola

Born:  September 15, 1934

Excellent BooksStrega Nona and over 200 others.  Tomie has won many awards for his books.
 
From His Life:  Tomie's favorite color is white and his favorite holiday is Christmas.  He is 76 years old and still enjoys writing books for children!  When he was four, he loved to tell people that when he grew up he wanted to "write stories and draw pictures for books and to sing and tap dance on the stage."  He has done all those things!

Advice for Aspiring Writers:    Write about what you know.  Your own experiences are wonderful.  Tomie has written over three dozen books that are autobiographical or "loosely autobiographical."

Websitehttp://www.tomie.com/   Tomie also has a blog: http://www.tomiesblog.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

He is certainly an inspiration for all writers.

Carla said...

Gail, I agree! I love that he is still writing!

Carla

Laura S. said...

"Your own experiences are wonderful." Love that!

I really like your blog's new facelift, Carla! It looks terrific!

Carla said...

Thanks, Laura! I just about had a heart-attack when photobucket seemed to take over the blog. I missed a day in the A-Z Challenge too, but I'm feeling much happier about everything now. I'm glad you like the new look!

Carla

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my day brighter!