In receiving the awards, you're asked to tell seven random things about yourself, then give the awards to five deserving bloggers and let them know.
Here are seven random things about me:
1. I am far better at Ping Pong than Basketball, though I enjoy both.
2. I have visited all the western states (United States), but none of the Eastern, unless you count Minnesota and Louisiana.
3. I like to get a necklace when I travel to a new country. One of my favorites is an opal my husband bought me from Lightning Ridge in Australia. We were just friends when we traveled there with a study abroad group from college, but he bought it with the intention of giving it to his future wife. About two years later he gave it to me. We're still best friends, and I think he is the most handsome, romantic, creative man on Earth!
4. I absolutely love Butterscotch Cookies. I have a fabulous recipe for Butterscotch Bars that uses wheat flour and butterscotch chips and brown sugar. Mmmmm....I might need to go get one right now!
5. I enjoy mowing our lawn. I especially enjoy it if I have time to trim the edges.
6. I want to learn to play the guitar and speak Spanish.
7. Today I climbed a mountain, did some dishes, played at a park, ate some oatmeal, and read most of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. The Lightning Thief came highly recommended by a 14-year old whose opinion I value.
Now I'll pass the awards on to some bloggers I like. While I could easily share over a dozen, the rules say only five! These five are wonderful ladies, and I truly enjoy reading their posts!